Bentonite Me Baby - sold as medicinal clay - was found to contain dangerous levels of lead.

Bentonite Me Baby – a medicinal clay babies could ingest – was found to contain dangerous levels of lead.


Bentonite Me Baby – a clay that was supposed to be safe for our babies to ingest and wear on their skin – was found to contain dangerous levels of lead, according to the Food and Drug Administration. In children, even low levels of lead exposure are associated with impaired cognitive function including reduced IQ, behavioral difficulties, and other problems. Lead can cause serious damage to the central nervous system, the kidneys and the immune system.  

This particular product was sold at Target stores and marketed as medicinal clay.

While most parents want a gentle, natural way to cure our kids, natural medicines are regulated by the FDA as dietary supplements, meaning more specifically, that they’re not at all regulated. Supplements are not regulated for safety and they’re not regulated for effectiveness. It’s hard to imagine what else might go into the oversight of a drug, but manufacturers are supposed to be testing their own products. That leaves a gap between what’s proven to work and what’s beingBook Cover-2-small sold to us.

Find out about the natural medicine warning signs, a few of the worst products and also what’s simply a waste of money – as well as the remedies proven to work – in the new book NOT BUYING IT: STOP OVERSPENDING AND START RAISING HAPPIER, HEALTHIER, MORE SUCCESSFUL KIDS.